What is Priority Response? »
Public and private stakeholders cooperating to combat property crime for:
- More arrests
- Greater dispatch efficiency
- Increased officer safety
- Better use of public safety resources
- Reduced insurance losses, lower premiums
Are you a Security Dealer?
1. Introduce the concept to local law enforcement.
Send a quick email to the local law enforcement and include this white paper that introduces Priority Response and its benefits.
2. Schedule a Priority Response information meeting.
Make the call and get the meeting – this sample script guides you through that first call with decision makers at the local dispatch center or 911 PSAP.
3. Educate law enforcement teams with engaging presentations.
This PowerPoint presentation introduces the concept of Priority Response and includes three case studies featuring different technologies.
4. Take time to hear/view real alarms being dispatched.
Here are four different examples of actual audio/videos of Central Station Operators speaking to the 911 Dispatch Center (PSAP). The difference in the value of video alarms is overwhelming.
Are you part of a Law Enforcement Agency?
1. Adopt a new policy with higher priority for video alarms.
Create a new alarm code in the CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch software) of your dispatch center at a higher priority response level for alarms with video that confirms the presence of an intruder. The response priority assigned is typically the same as a crime-in-progress.
2. Create a new email address.
A new email address at the dispatch center should be designated for receiving video clips from the Central Station (for example, VideoAlarm@citypd.gov). This not only assists in prioritizing the alarm, but also streamlines the process for the dispatch team on duty.
3. Formally announce the Priority Response policy to your community.
An official announcement of the Priority Response policy can do a lot for your community:
- It introduces a new level of community safety.
- It emphasizes the value of video alarm systems for consumers and businesses.
- It signifies an increased commitment to officer safety.
- It adds a layer of crime deterrence.
and customize them for your community.
For additional resources and information, please email us.